Welcome to the Official Internet Archive Wayback Machine Browser Extension! Go back in time to see how a website has changed through the history of the Web. Save websites, view missing 404 Not Found pages, or read archived books & papers.
Most features will work without requiring an account including Save Page Now.
Some features must be enabled from Settings. Turn on Private Mode to prevent automatic sending of data and to protect your privacy while browsing.
• Save Page Now - Instantly save the page you are currently viewing in the Wayback Machine. Turn on Auto Save Page in settings to save pages that have not previously been saved. Works while logged out, or log in for additional options.
• Oldest, Newest & Overview - View the first version of a page or the most recently saved in the Wayback Machine. Or view a calendar overview of all archived pages. Can also use by right-clicking over a page or link.
• Wayback Machine Count - Display a count of snapshots of the current page stored in the Wayback Machine over the toolbar icon, and the date of last save in the popup.
• 404 Not Found - When an error occurs, automatically check if an archived copy is available. Checks against 4xx & 5xx HTTP error codes.
• Contextual Notices - Check for contextual information from fact checking organizations and origin websites.
• Relevant Resources - View research papers and books while visiting Wikipedia, archived digitized books while visiting Amazon Books, and recommended TV News Clips while visiting news websites.
• URLs & Collections - Show a list of URLs captured under the current website, and what collections they are saved under.
• Site Map & Word Cloud - Present a sunburst diagram for the domain you are currently viewing, or create a Word Cloud from the link's anchor text of the page you are on.
• Annotations - Provide a list of annotations for the current web page and domain, provided by Hypothes.is.
• My Web Archive - Save URLs to your public archive page on the Internet Archive.
• Tweets & Share Links - Search Twitter for information regarding your current page, or share archived links on social media.
For support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org