Auto Tab Discard a lightweight browser addition that automatically reduces the memory load of open-but inactive-tabs. This also helps portable devices to save battery.
1. Speeds up your browser and minimizes memory usage: Inactive, idle, or forgotten tabs can be auto-discarded after a configurable period, or discarded manually from the toolbar menu.
2. Designate specific tabs (websites) to be whitelisted to prevent discarding.
3. Discarded tabs can be retained after closing and re-opening your browser.
4. The tab's favicon displays the discarded state.
5. Tabs are restored with all information intact (like scroll position or the content of text boxes).
7. Force discarding certain hostnames (e.g. you can immediately discard hostnames that use too much CPU or memory)
Extra options to customize when a tab gets discarded
1. When a tab is pinned
2. When there is a media source playing inside a tab
3. When the computer is connected to a power source
4. When there is a form element (with changes) that has not yet been submitted.
Plug-ins are extra features that are disabled by default. You can enable them easily from the options page.
1. Release discarding of the next or previous tab tab
2. Release discarding of all tabs in the active window
3. Discard all newly opened inactive tabs after they get loaded
4. Store YouTube's timestamp before discarding
5. Permanently delete (remove) old discarded tabs if they are inactive
1. Unlike "The Great Suspender" extension, this extension uses the native method to discard tabs, which prevents losing the discarded tabs, when the extension is removed or when the browser crashes. There is no need for session restoring.