Page Eraser is a Chome extension that lets you erase elements on a page. Use it to remove sidebars, distracting content and even Flash banner ads, all while maintaining the layout of the page.
Simply click the button (or press Ctrl+Shift+E) to enable it, and click the element you want to erase; It couldn't be easier. If you want to get the content back, just refresh the browser.
Page Eraser can even be configured to NOT maintain layout, allowing the page to reorganize itself when elements are erased.
2.2: Incognito support added. Be sure to check the Options to see how incognito pages are stored and can be removed!
2.1: Chrome 20 is now the minimum browser version Page Eraser can support. This should solve many of the issues with the extension not working on certain version on OSX.
2.0: MAJOR UPDATE!
- Page Eraser now persists erasers even between visits and page refreshes!
- Erasers can be removed from individual pages from the options page.
- https:// sites such as Twitter and Facebook are now supported
- Fewer permissions needed, resulting in less ambiguous warnings during installation
- Eraser fade out time can be configured in the options page
NOTE: Please remember to refresh any open tabs the first time you install Page Eraser.