This application only functions inside the North Carolina State University ServiceNow Instance! The reason for this is to make certain that the extension does not conflict with any text fields that happen to have the same ID entry as what the extension seeks out to add the user signature to. Effectively, the "Add Signature" button will not appear on other webpages not tied to NC State.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE THIS EXTENSION TO SUPPORT YOUR SERVICENOW INSTANCE, PLEASE EMAIL ME. INTERNATIONALIZATION/LOCALIZATION CAN BE DISCUSSED AT THAT TIME AS WELL.
Easily, and quickly, Create/Edit a personal Signature that can be inserted into "Additional comments (Customer visible)" text field of a ServiceNow Incident record.
You can add the signature before you type the incident update, or type out the update and then click Add Signature. It will work either way.
Create Your Signature:
- Create/Edit your signature by clicking the extension icon
*Recommended: add a carriage return (or 2) before adding signature text
* Don't forget to click Save Signature when signature is completed
Insert Signature into ServiceNow Incident:
- Click the "Add Signature" button
* Located directly under the "Additional comments (Customer visible)" text field
* It's that EZ
Conditional caret positioning:
- If user starting typing, then adds the signature
* Caret will be placed at the end of user input prior to inserting the signature
- If user adds signature before input
* Signature is inserted, and caret placed at starting position in the text field
Icon made by Freepik (https://www.freepik.com/) from www.flaticon.com